WHO ARE WE
At EnergyAustralia we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, meeting the gas and electricity needs of 1.7 million customers across New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and the ACT.
MORE ABOUT US
Our purpose is to lead and accelerate the clean energy transformation for all and we have a strong commitment to lead in next-generation energy products. We are helping our customers to manage their carbon footprint, giving them the opportunity to offset 100% of the carbon emissions from the electricity they use at home, at no cost to them.
To supply electricity and support our customers, EnergyAustralia has a 5000MW portfolio of coal, gas, and wind assets and employs around 2500 Australians. We have a strong focus on ensuring that all decisions we make align with our values, and must be socially and environmentally acceptable. EnergyAustralia listens to its stakeholders, and acts sustainably by minimising our impact on the environment, working safely and providing economic opportunities for local businesses and the local community.
What sets EnergyAustralia apart?
- We prioritise existing customers through products & smart technology, putting them in control of their energy consumption
- We have installed more than 2,500 solar photovoltaic systems on household roofs in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory
- With Go Neutral, we have invited all our existing customers to offset the carbon emissions from their electricity use at no additional cost to them
- We were the first energy company to join the Financial Inclusion Action Plan program
- We were the first major energy company to stop door-to-door sales
- We have committed $10 million to expanding financial and other support for vulnerable customers at a time of rising electricity and gas prices
Strengthening Community Connections:
- EnergyAustralia is proud to be part of the communities in which we operate and recognises the importance of engaging locally to help build vibrant places to live and work
- We support initiatives which aim to deliver sustainable community benefits through our community grants program
- Our people are encouraged to volunteer; around 175 volunteered in 2016 putting almost 900 hours of time back into supporting the community
- Through our Reconciliation Action Plan we are building genuine and long term connections with Traditional Owners of the country in which we operate and the broader Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Here at EnergyAustralia we are transforming the way we do business. The foundations of our business have been laid and we are now entering the critical phase of delivering on our plans. In other words, we know where we are going and now we are bringing our strategy to life.
We believe having the right people in place is the only way we will meet the challenges ahead. Together we have the opportunity to help shape the energy industry of the future.
We look for people who have a desire to support and are aligned with our organisation’s purpose and values: customers are our priority; we do the right thing; and we lead change. Our team adopts an ‘owner’s mindset’ for their performance and want to be held accountable, recognised and rewarded for doing great work.
We have a huge variety of opportunities on offer for energetic and positive people who want to be part of our story and to build a career with us. Opportunities range from customer services, corporate support (HR, Technology, Legal & Governance, Finance) to energy operations and generation.